John and Jamie

June 21, 2008

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Yard

So yesterday my dad came up with his skidsteer and leveled out our yard. Yay, now all we have to do is pick some rock and rake it smooth and then start planting. I for sure need to get the grass seed planted this fall, but I would like to get the garden beds built first so I don't have to kill the new grass next year in my gardens. Since there is no shortage of rocks, I think I will build a rock garden in the fenced in part of the yard. This will also be the dog and kid yard (: So whatever I plant here must be very tough and dog and kid resistant. I will save all the fancy flowers and such for the area outside the fence, which I will call "my" yard. No Dogs Allowed! Since the septic system also lays in the fenced in part of the yard, I can't plant any trees and will have to stick with shallow rooted shrubs and flowers. Regardless I am ecstatic to have a yard next summer. Especially since Gus will be running around by then, it will be nice to have the fenced yard so he can't run to far. It will also be nice to be able to let the dogs out at night without worrying about them being snatched by one of the neighborhood coyotes, mountain lion, or bears.



This is the start of my new raised beds for my vegetables. Hopefully I will get them put together so I can start getting dirt hauled in to fill the beds with. One is a good place to start but I want many more eventually.


This is part of "my" yard. There will be a covered porch to the left so the right side is going to be a big flower bed. I am not a huge fan of mowing grass. Since there will be alot of grass in the "dog and kid" yard, I want mostly flowers and not so much grass in "my" yard.





I can't wait to get planting and I will keep you posted on yard details!

No comments:

Post a Comment