Sorry I haven't been blogging lately, things have been kind've hectic around here. All but a couple of the sheep have lambed, a skunk ate all my baby chicks except for one. Poor little guy, I don't think it would have made it without company so I took it down to the neighbors and put it in the tank with all his baby chicks. Hopefully the poor thing will survive. The only good news out of that was that we did catch the skunk. He came back the next night just like I suspected and I had a trap set for him. He liked the smell of raw turkey and went right in the trap. And a bullet sent him to meet his maker. I have been fixing fence and this afternoon I am planning on hauling my holstein heifer, her steer compadre, and the butcher beef up to the meadow and turn them out. Next week my other yearling is getting AI'd and then she will go up there as well. I need to build a cross fence so I can haul my Dixie cow up there without the older weaned calves trying to nurse her. Then Decker gets hauled to the vet to become a little less of a man.
I hit 30 weeks on sunday, now for the final countdown. And I still have so much to do. I have to build the fence I mentioned above, we have to get our house finished and moved into, and set up the baby room. I need a miracle if this house is going to get done.

We did get the stairs done last week, so that was pretty exciting. Now John has to get the electrical and plumbing done so that we can get the sheetrock up. We hired some people to come do the trim around the windows and doors in the log part. We figured that would be one of those jobs that would be best done by a professional. So hopefully they will start on it next week. We picked up our appliances the other day in Helena. Now they are sitting upstairs taunting me because I can't use them yet.
Well as you know I have a ton of things to do, so I had better get off this dang computer.
No comments:
Post a Comment