John and Jamie

June 21, 2008

Friday, March 12, 2010

Kitchen Chaos

Well now that the weather is slowly starting to come around I am dying to get started on the house again. We would like to get the main floor semi finished before John goes back to work after breakup. I have high hopes but realistic expectations. So in the meantime I am going through the basement (our current pad) and trying to make it more homey. Mostly trying to make the kitchen, and I use this term lightly, easier to use. Let me tell you about our kitchen, it is currently located in our future mud room. It consists of a stove, our dining room table is currently functioning as our only counterspace, and some shelves that I moved around yesterday. We have to use the bathroom sink. Luckily it is a utility sink so there is room to do dishes in it. The refrigerator and deep freezes are located in our current "living room." When we moved I had boxes of food, that got piled high, like everything else we own. So yesterday I decided to get these boxes out and use them up. After moving shelves around and trying to make some sort of pantry space, I realized that because all this food had been boxed up, I had bought more of the same. Rolling my eyes at myself, and my ridiculously low amount of storage space I realized that I had 3 bottles of worcestersire sauce, 2 huge bottles of ketchup, 2 cases of chili (which only John eats, I think it looks like canned dog food) and two one pound containers of garlic salt. For someone that has very little space I somehow managed to get stocked up on things that take forever to get used up. Did I mention how excited I am to have a real kitchen?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like something I would do. At least the food will keep for a while. I hope you get some more of your house done soon.... especially the kitchen :O)

    ReplyDelete