I made the best sandwiches for dinner last night! Not the healthiest but very good and they are made with Johns 3 favorite ingredients; worchesthershire sauce, tobasco, and Lawry's! I have to give the credit to Ree from www.thepioneerwoman.com Very easy and very good! I used a round steak instead of cubed, just cuz thats what I had in the freezer and I cooked it quite a bit longer before I added the rest of the ingredients. I didn't take any pictures of it but you can get it from her website! Enjoy!
The Marlboro Man Sandwich
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Difficulty: Easy Servings: 4
Ingredients
1 whole Large (or 2 Small) Onions
2 sticks Butter (lots And Lots Of Butter)
2 pounds (to 3 Pounds) Cube Steak (tenderized Round Steak That's Been Extra Tenderized)
Lawry's Seasoned Salt (or Similar Seasoned Salt)
½ cups (approximately) Worcestershire Sauce
Tabasco Sauce, To Taste
4 whole French/deli Rolls (earthgrains Are Best!)
Preparation Instructions
Slice onions and cook in 1/4 stick butter until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
Slice cube steak against the grain. Season with Lawry’s.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter over high heat (in same skillet) until melted and beginning to brown. Add meat in single layer. Cook one side until brown, then flip and cook until brown, about a minute on both sides.
Add 1/2 cup (at least) Worcestershire sauce, 5 to 6 shakes Tabasco, and 2 tablespoons butter. Add cooked onions. Stir to combine.
Butter halved French rolls and brown in skillet.
To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with other half of roll, cut in half, and devour!
oh yummm... those are sooo good. I made them a while ago for darin. He really liked them, but said that he would have liked me to cook the meat in the crockpot rather than in the pan. I loved it just the way it was though. Have you tried her drip beef sandwiches? They are soooo good too.
ReplyDeleteI thought the crock pot was a good idea too, the meat wasn't quite as tender as I had hoped for. Ya we tried the drip beef, John really liked it but they gave me heartburn, I guess I will have to try it again when I am not pregnant (:
ReplyDelete